What Is Fleet Insurance?
Fleet insurance is a specialist type of cover that enables you to insure multiple vehicles at one time. This is beneficial for a commercial business to save time and effort by arranging cover for a fleet of vehicles under one policy instead of having to organise separate cover for individual vehicles. It also can make life much easier when it comes to policy renewal.
What Types Of Fleet Policies Do We Offer?
At Acorn Insurance, we understand that business needs can vary. That is why we consider fleets for businesses that are established as well as new ventures. We offer flexible indemnity caps and a variety of fleet products with cover ranging from 7 days to annual policies.
We specialise in fleet insurance for:
- Taxi – Private and public hire
- Courier – Carriage of goods for hire and reward
- Commercial – For own goods and business
- Self-drive – Courtesy vehicles
- Credit hire – For own business and social use
What Does Fleet Insurance Cover?
We offer three levels of fleet insurance cover:
- Comprehensive – This is the highest level of cover we offer to insure a fleet of vehicles. A comprehensive fleet policy will cover damage to your vehicles and other vehicles involved in an accident. Also, you could claim for damages, should your drivers be at fault.
- Third party, fire & theft – Provides your fleet with cover to claim if your vehicles are stolen or catch fire. In addition, you will also be insured for any damage to other drivers and their vehicles.
- Third party only cover – This is the lowest level of fleet insurance we offer and is the minimum cover required to legally have your fleet of vehicles on the road. A third party only policy will cover you for claims against you by third parties if you are at fault for an incident.
Increase Your Cover With Our Optional Extra
If you would like extra peace of mind, then you may wish to consider our optional windscreen cover. This provides cover for the cost of any repairs or glass replacement.
How To Get A Fleet Insurance Quote?
Acorn Insurance has 40 years of experience in providing specialist policies that are tailored to our customer’s needs. You can request a fleet insurance quote online or by calling our dedicated UK-based fleet team on 01704 339 325 and they will be happy to assist you.
How Does Fleet Insurance Work?
As a minimum requirement, you will need to insure at least three vehicles. The fleet of vehicles will need to be registered in either the company’s name or that of the Director or partner of the business.
Types Of Fleets
- Small fleets, this could be for a small business, for example, three or four vehicles to be used by a small number of business members.
- Large fleets could be used for larger businesses that operate three vehicles or more, for example, a taxi or courier company.