Self Drive Hire InsuranceFlexible and specialist self-drive hire insurance, for three vehicles or more Get a Quote Now
What Is Self Drive Hire Insurance?
If you operate a vehicle hire company, self-drive hire insurance is essential. When renting out vehicles you need to make sure you have insurance in place that covers vehicles that are both waiting to be or are currently on hire. Standard motor insurance policies will not cover you correctly, so it is important to get a self-drive hire insurance policy to protect yourself sufficiently.
How Self Drive Hire Insurance Works
The key consideration of self-drive hire insurance is that it provides standard motor insurance cover, which is a legal requirement and covers you if you are hiring your vehicles out to be driven by someone other than the owner. Important requirements for our policies include:
- Minimum requirement of 3 year’s fleet specific experience
- Minimum vehicle requirement of 3, with no maximum cap
Benefits Of Insuring With Acorn
As we will be removing the need to insure each vehicle owned by your business individually, we provide a tailored insurance service for every customer ensuring your policy satisfies your unique insurance requirements. By choosing an insurance policy with Acorn, you also benefit from:
- Various cover periods are available, ranging from 7 Day to Annual
- Flexible indemnity values from £40K-£60K, dependent on performance and requirements
- Various age restrictions available, consisting of AAD 21-65, 23-65, 23-70 & 25-65
- Trade self-drive hire considered e.g., Taxi, Courier, Commercial, etc
- Dual operations e.g., Taxi & General SDH also considered, dependent on performance and specific risk needs
Request A Quote Online
At Acorn, we will do everything we can to make sure your self-drive hire policy is tailored to your needs. Just fill out our quote form or call our dedicated Fleet team on 01704 339 325 for a hassle-free, no-obligation quotation today!
Additional Self-Drive Hire Benefits
By choosing to take out a self-drive hire policy with Acorn, you could also benefit from the following:
- All applicants with motoring convictions and claims history considered
- Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire & Theft and Third Party Only policies
- A professional and experienced Fleet insurance team
- 24/7 accidents and claims helpline
- A UK-based call centre