Non Standard Home InsuranceHelping customers find quality UK home insurance. Specialist house insurance, designed to suit the unique circumstances of every customer.
Home Insurance Quotes
Specialist Non-Standard Home Insurance
Protect your home, your property and your most valuable possessions with our bespoke building and contents home insurance
Acorn Insurance helps UK homeowners and tenants find bespoke home insurance, even when they have been refused household insurance before. We also help those who have had a home insurance policy cancelled due to a claim in the past. We offer a wide range of household cover options for all the circumstances detailed below:
- Homes at Risk of Flood
- Properties with a History of Subsidence
- Unoccupied Properties
- Probate / Executor of an Estate
- Landlord OR Tenant
- Building an Extension
- Personal History and Previous Claims Insurance
- UK Holiday or Second Home
If you have been refused cover by another provider, we can still help you get a great insurance policy that meets your needs and works for you.
To get a bespoke online quote for home insurance instantly, click “Get a Quote“, OR call our UK-based insurance team now to discuss your needs and help you find a policy that works for you: 01704 33 99 24
What is Included in Your Home Insurance Policy?
Acorn is a specialist home insurance provider. This means we build up your household cover from the base level, depending on your unique needs. This ensures that you only pay for the household insurance you need and not extras that you may not actually want.
- 24/7 Accident and Claims Helpline
- Fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake and smoke, storm or weight of snow
- Flood Risk
- Escape of water or oil of domestic goods
- Theft, Vandalism and Malicious Acts
- Riot, civil, commotion, violent disorder, strike or labour disturbance
- Impact or collision
- Subsidence, landslip or heave on the land on which the building stands
- 10% increase in cover for special occasions such as Weddings and Christmas
- Moving home
- Freezer damage, value of the loss of food
- Loss or damage to garden contents
- Tenants liability and improvements
- Lock and keys
- Deeds and documents
- Legal Liability
*T&Cs apply so please speak to our experts regarding the level of cover you require.
- Working from Home Cover – We can extend your home cover to your home business. This optional extra is perfect for home based workers or sole traders who have stock or business equipment at home. Speak to our home experts about extending your policy to protect you and your business too.
- Protect Your Belongings While Away from Home – Increase your cover to protect valuable items that you often carry with you or you use away from home. This includes money and credit cards.
- Protect Your No Claims Bonus – Pay a little extra and protect your no claims bonus. Ask our home cover team now to find out more.
*All of our home insurance policies are subject to terms and conditions so please take the time to read our full terms and conditions before taking out a policy.
Specialist Home Insurance
Our specialist building and contents home insurance will not only cover the structure of your home, but also the fixtures & fittings, along with your priceless possessions.
How to Make a Claim
If you need to make a claim, it is important to inform us immediately. If you leave it too late, you will need to provide additional evidence to support your claim, which may delay the process.
To inform us of a household claim please call: 0330 331 0747
To inform us of a Home Emergency claim please call: 0330 331 0748
How to Change My Home Insurance Policy
If you need to make any changes or updates to your homeowners insurance policy, please call our house insurance team: 0330 331 0749. Changes and adjustments may incur an administration fee, so please check the terms of business.
How to Extend My Policy or Increase My Level of Cover
Each policy term is a maximum of 12 months. When your property insurance policy is up for renewal, we will send you a renewal notification. If you would like to discuss the renewal price with us, or you would like to increase your level of cover, please contact our home insurance team.
If you have a short term home policy with us, and you would like to extend the policy, please contact our team before the policy runs out. We can then extend the cover period for you, making certain that you are always insured.